Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Greetings from Coldwater, Alabama

Dear friends, the tour of National parks is over and now it is time for a different kind of journey.  We will be in Fort Valley, Georgia tonight.  For the next five days we will be parked on the edge of an airfield.  We will not have hookups for water, sewer, or electricity.  Thank goodness for the generator.  I know people live like this or worse but I am calling it "roughing it"  and a step below Walmart.  At least at Walmart I can go shopping for fresh fruit and water.  The one silver lining is that Jennifer and Bud Currens will be joining us on Thursday.  NO they are not staying with us and they are not even staying in Fort Valley.  They will stay in a lovely motel in a real town and join us each morning.  Bud will fly with Chris in the competition on Saturday.  I get a few days to relax and read as I have not done that this whole trip.  I am looking forward to being in one place for more than two days in a row even if it is rustic.  Maybe Jennifer will take me to town one day.

We are now driving with a large trailer behind us.  We have a combined length of 45 feet.  It makes things interesting.  This morning we pulled into a tire place to have the air checked.  Without proper planning we found ourselves in a very tight and difficult to get out of situation.  This is not a place where he can just back up a mile or do a three point turn as he has done throughout the trip.  He was also tying to drive speed limits as he had done before.  After passing by a bad accident were the tow of a motorcoach had ripped off and flipped, I managed to convey my concerns in the gentlest of voice, and he agreed ever so willingly to drive a little bit slower.  He is such a wonderful husband.

Speaking of wonderful....I had decided to give up my morning coffee with caffeine and threw it away.  For days I have only had decaf.  This morning I really needed real coffe so I asked him to go to the office and get me cup.  The office person asked, "awe, newly weds?"  Yes, he replied, 43 years.  She was amazed.  Her marriages never lasted more than 6 years and she was on her 4th husband...wasn't sure if she would make it in this one.

Peace and love to all.  Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment